Friday, July 23, 2010

Puttin the Man in Romance

Last night on the x2, I was spying (because, clearly, that's what I do) at this girl's facebook update in front of me. She types on her phone: "I don't understand why someone would have the nerve to come up and sit next to you when there are a thousand seats, and then have the nerve to by stinking, and then to top it off be a female." Pretty girl then opens the bus window and spits on the ground disdainfully. The next time she checks her phone, her message reads: "Well, Safe Sex is Great Sex. So Use a Latex." Sound advice. I then felt guilty spying so much, so I forced myself to look away.

This was not difficult, however. An entire corral of crazies came on the bus. It was so weird... just like Dawn of the Dead. People's vacant stares, blistered skin, lips parched as if they're coming from the desert, scratching their skin violently, blinking eyes hard as if to clear blurry vision. The corral (I'm serious - like 10 people) included 3 kids who wandered in carrying school books in plastic grocery bags with no sign of parents or responsible parties in the mix. I spent the whole way home wondering where they came from!

This morning, also on the x2, I saw a ~50 year old thuggish looking man buried thoughtfully in a book. Of course, this is a huge anomaly in conflicting stereotypes, so I had to see what he was reading. The book was called: God's Gift to Women: How Much is One Night of Passion Worth? I loved it! Who knew guys read romance novels? I always thought literotica was geared towards women because dudes like pictures more... I thought wrong! Anyway, hopefully I'll see more people in long chains engrossed in romance novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment