Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Anacostia Boyfriend

So after quitting my job recently, I got a fantastic report from my former co-worker about the state of the neighborhood in my beloved Anacostia. This story took place by the bus stop, hence its place here.

A little background... boyfriend below stands about at my shoulder height, and is probably 50-60 years old. He thought of himself as my protector I think, but don't know that he ever remembered my name, no matter how many times I told him.

Co-worker CP's intro: Were you aware that you left an angry boyfriend behind in Anacostia? remember our little friend who always came up and hugged us at the bus stop? well, he is more than a little upset that you have not been around lately. he came up to me today and we had the following conversation:

BF: "I used to have a girlfriend over this way. But I never see her anymore. She worked right over there."
CP: "Oh? I think I might know who you're talking about. What does she look like?"
BF: "Taller than you, great smile, blond hair." ....well we know that while you worked there, there was only one girl in southeast with blond hair right?
CP: "Oh you mean my friend Amy?"
BF "Yeah! You seen her? I loooove that girl. She's got a great personality. Great smile. I used to always come talk to her. I mean I'd give anything-pay anything just to touch her. She was beautiful. Man I love her."
CP: "Well, I'll tell her you say hello."
BF: "Will you?! I used to tell her 'tell your boyfriend that a black man is gonna steal your heart away.'"

A little disturbing, a little charming... just the combo I love about DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment