Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tobacco on the bus

While waiting for the 28X in Falls Church (usually a safer bet than the 92) the other day, I saw this kid smoking two cigarettes, simultaneously. He was smoking them together, like one large one, as opposed to alternating puffs or something. When the bus got there, he put out the cigarettes on his pants leg and shoved the butts in his pocket, presumably for future use. Gross.

This reminded me of a time not too long ago where I saw a guy on the 32 storing a cigarette in the gap between his teeth, again, presumably for future use. Unsurprisingly, it was difficult to understand his speech with the sparse and unpredictable arrangement of teeth, half-smoked cig between them, and a probably crack habit, but I did understand him when he suggested that CP and I get married (CP is a good female friend of mine, initials used in case she actually values her privacy, unlike me). He said he'd really like to see us married, and seemed genuinely sweet about it.

Ok, and in other related news, the other day I thought I'd forego the debauchery of the bus in favor of a leisurely stroll home through the park since I'd had a rough day. Some guy walking towards me shook his exposed penis at me. Yup - it was pretty terrifying, particularly because it took me so long to process what was going on that by the time I looked away, I'd already subconsciously committed to memory every curve, color change, and little wiggle. Now, every time I close my eyes, my dreams are raped by the image I never wanted.

So for the future, I think I'll take the 92.

No comments:

Post a Comment