Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Bard

This is why it's fun to be abnormally nosey...

While riding the 32 home from work (East of the river, if you will), I thought I was sitting across from your average pot smokin', pants saggin' teenagers. Little did I know, I was in the presence of a modern day Shakespeare. He left behind two pieces of notebook paper in flawless script. The first read: Kill the Bus Driver.

The second was a few lines of prose, although as you'll see, the poet's ability to rhyme randomly and without pattern is impressive. It follows (and yes, I still have the original):

Cause all I kno is get money
Iam strap on the rip for N**gas
that wanna take it from me you ain't my
homie n**ga soft that a cookie Iam
pro these N**gas Rookies
Getth money playin Hookies pleas can
you Help me fully automatic if a n**gas
want satsie [sic] Iam grippin the automatic

What do you think this is, kind reader? I'm simply at a loss when trying to interpret this masterpiece.

At least this is better than Monday when, on the 92, this old, hardened thug who no doubt spent some time in jail clutched 3 DVDs in his hand, presumably to return to Blockbuster. On the top of the stack? The unsuccessful pre-teen flick "Stick It" from a few years ago, featuring the infamous line: "It's not gym-nice-tics," spouted off by a perky brunette 13 year old gymnast. This dude's appreciation of cinematography is sure to make him a hit with the ladies.

3 comments:

  1. Since you knew the line from Stick It, I can only infer that you have watched, and memorized, that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Best film ever made, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own Stick It. My best friend (who is a guy) and I bought and watched it together when it came out on DVD.

    ReplyDelete