Sunday, September 5, 2010

A 92 First Timer, and an Irish Times Bathroom...

Last night, my friend M had her first ride on the 92 bus going to U Street. I was really disappointed that her "first time" wasn't a little more special. Honestly, there were no direct threats made to us, we didn't come out of the bus with any visible scarring, and the psycho dude was far enough away that we couldn't take down his incoherent ramblings. Yes, there were repeated utterances of: "When I get home, I'mma smack the sh*t outta you. I'm tellin you now. You don't believe me, but that's 'xactly what I'mma do... I'mma smack the sh*t outta you" from an elderly gentleman in basketball shoes yelling at someone on the phone (wife? mistress? boxing coach?).

Yes, there were the requisite peanut shells and sunflower seed shells (is that what they're called?) strewn about. Yes, we sat a few rows away from a man who had a conversation with himself that started before we got on the bus and continued until we left (and presumably didn't stop there). Yes, we were a touch frightened. But really, all in all, it was a disappointing showing.

Much better? Being told by the Cowboy Mouth manager in a pretentious and probably fake British accent: "You look even more stoned than I do." Geez, thanks dude. Actually, it's just the way my face is put together, but have a lovely time trying to hook up with my friend. Fail on his part, thank God.

It's been an interesting weekend. The night before, my friend R an I went to Irish Times (another first time, this time for her. Am I corrupting my innocent friends?). Overheard in the bathroom?

X: "Ugh, how are we still on a date with these guys?"
Y: "It's still early..."
X: "I thought we were going to meet new men. Ugh."
Y: "We could leave them and go somewhere else..."
X: "Meh... f*ck it. We're already here."


Then the two ladies waltzed outside to two seedy looking gentlemen and embraced them enthusiastically. See, men (haha see-men)? Y'all aren't the only ones who date/hang out for convenience. The coolest part? Upon emergence from the bathroom, the two gals looked totally convincing in feigning interest in their undoubtedly lame conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment