Friday, August 27, 2010

92 forced me into bikestitution?

Since I started riding my bike more frequently, I don't have as many "overheard" moments- many more "almost killed" moments. It took me about two blocks of riding before I was a full fledged agressive DC driver of a bike rider. I thought it would take me a few months, but I was wrong... I'm cutting people off, running red lights, going the wrong way down a one-way street... it feels good. Although I hate cabs even more than I used to for the many and creative ways they continually try to run me over.

One recent overheard on a bike moment? "Hey! You dropped something!" Yes, this juvenile utterance was shared by a group of fifty-something year old men. While I was riding down a busy street near gallery place, I assume the attempt was to make me turn aroud and look to see what I dropped and fall on my ass, seriously injuring myself? I'm not sure. Since my backback was zipped shut, there was no way anything dropped, but my momentary reaction to turn around while riding fast in a dangerous intersection was almost a bloody one. I would have much more appreciated random, uncreative crude comments about my body or something. More like the "mmm, mmm- damn that's a fine ass" that I got earlier this week. As if he could even see what my ass looked like while it was planted on the seat of a bike. Anyway, that's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. maybe they saw a screw fly loose from your bike seat - and yelled 'you dropped something' hah. but either way it's good you didn't turn around because most likekly they didn't see a screw drop off. lol

    ReplyDelete