Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thanks, DC Public Schools, for making us so smart!


If I didn't see this bumper sticker at a bus stop in Southeast DC, I would just assume it was a joke, but I did so I didn't. What do you think? I mean, I supppose inmate of the month in DC Jail is a pretty competitive process, so why not brag?

Other great signage spotted on my commute this week? A clothing shop on H Street NE called "Unik Clothing." It features brands including "Blac Label," "Antik," "Luxirie," and a few other fantastically named brands.

Oh, and has anyone noticed this sign in the metro (I coudn't get a good pic?... It's like a mock dictionary entry:

Sumpnspicious: a supsicious package or odd behavior reported to bus driver, metro train operator, or metro police at 202-962-2121.

I paraphrased the definition, but not the spelling of the word. Or the phone number to metro police. I've got that one down pat, due to last years incessent message: " See it? Say it. If you see something suspicious on a metro bus, train, or station, kindly say something to the nearest metro employee. Or call the metro police at 202-962-2121." I'm a little sad that this message is gone. Remember the other one, "Is that yo' bag?" That woman was awesome. I also regret my inability to indicate inflections in the voice in my writing. I'll work on this.

Till next time, DC? Pay attention in school, kids. Learn to spell out "something suspicious." There are two separate words there. Learn to spell difficult words like "unique" or "luxury." Otherwise, you may find yourself competing for the title of "Inmate of the Month" so your baby's momma can brag.

No comments:

Post a Comment