Thursday, June 24, 2010

Let Jesus Lead Me and the Government Feed Me!

On the 92 this morning, I had a lively conversation with a woman about chocolate. She prefers chocolate ice cream to nearly anything else in the world and, quite honestly, I couldn't agree more. She looked up and saw this old guy who, presumably, she knew. She says "Hey baby! How you been?!" They made small talk for a few moments. She tells him she's job searching. He tells her: "I ain't lookin' for no job. I just applied for SSI. I'mma sit back, let Jesus lead me and let the government feed me."
Moments later, she asks what time of day she should call him. He replies: "Anytime. I'm still around. I'm still black, single, disengaged, and old- no baby drama and no baby momma drama." I actually asked him to repeat this so I could keep track of each adjective.

It's go-getters like him that keep DC running smoothly. That, and the lady the driver had to kick off the bus just moments before for cursing him out wildly and schizophrenically. She called him a stupid b*tch repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment