Sunday, February 28, 2010

Whiskey and Running

While I was waiting for the x2 this morning near Gallery Place, no one got arrested.

Sorry, I thought that was note-worthy, even though it was 10 AM. But despite the lack of entertaining criminal behavior, the trip still delivered. Drunk man (again, please note the time) at the bus stop wanted to have a conversation about my athletic ability after seeing my bib number on my shirt from the race I ran this morning. He told me of his ability to run back in his day, before he had a punctured lung and was 51 years old. He paused to take a swig from a bottle that smelled of cheap whiskey, but the label was printed in Chinese, with that Chinatown-esque decor. He looked at the girl waiting beside me, who reeked of east coast snobbery and country clubs, and began singing the popular Taylor Swift song to her: "She wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts..." and actually got angry when east coast girl couldn't finish the lyric for him. He asked if I knew the song. Of course I knew the song! Sadly, the bus came before he could sing me the Pink Floyd he promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment